One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Behind the breastbone.‘complaints of retrosternal pain’
- ‘He recently presented to his local emergency department with retrosternal chest pain.’
- ‘By morning I was feeling quite unwell with retrosternal chest pain, odynophagia, and mild dysphagia.’
- ‘On arrival, she complained about inability to swallow her saliva, coughing spells and continuous retrosternal pain.’
- ‘A 58 year old Indian merchant working in an African country was admitted to hospital with severe retrosternal pain radiating upwards and down the right arm.’
- ‘She also had occasional spasmodic retrosternal pain, usually after eating, but denied having symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.