Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring behind the peritoneum.
- ‘A retroperitoneal lesion was dissected that appeared to be an abnormally large tail of the pancreas.’
- ‘Microscopically, sections from the retroperitoneal masses consisted of spindle cell proliferation involving the lymph node and extending into adjoining soft tissue.’
- ‘The patient was started on heparin, and a percutaneous, ultrasound-guided needle core biopsy of the retroperitoneal mass was performed.’
- ‘Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenoma is an uncommon tumor found exclusively in women.’
- ‘My pancreas is a retroperitoneal organ that serves two functions.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.