One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring behind the peritoneum.
- ‘A retroperitoneal lesion was dissected that appeared to be an abnormally large tail of the pancreas.’
- ‘Microscopically, sections from the retroperitoneal masses consisted of spindle cell proliferation involving the lymph node and extending into adjoining soft tissue.’
- ‘The patient was started on heparin, and a percutaneous, ultrasound-guided needle core biopsy of the retroperitoneal mass was performed.’
- ‘Primary retroperitoneal mucinous cystadenoma is an uncommon tumor found exclusively in women.’
- ‘My pancreas is a retroperitoneal organ that serves two functions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.