One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We're not trying to create the '60s or go for some retrogressive feeling.’
- ‘I think that is something we are getting back towards, and that's not in a retrogressive sense, just in the sense that people are saying Shakespeare can be relatively popular entertainment.’
- ‘His symphonic scores revisited the motivic and symphonic aesthetic of the 19th century, a move regarded as retrogressive by modernist critics.’
- ‘Mr Kanyama, who said some of the methodologies that some companies had employed were repugnant, said tax evasion was a retrogressive habit which reduced the amount of tax being paid to Government.’
- ‘While these churches initially viewed gospel music as retrogressive, they were gradually won over.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.