One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘While these churches initially viewed gospel music as retrogressive, they were gradually won over.’
- ‘Mr Kanyama, who said some of the methodologies that some companies had employed were repugnant, said tax evasion was a retrogressive habit which reduced the amount of tax being paid to Government.’
- ‘We're not trying to create the '60s or go for some retrogressive feeling.’
- ‘His symphonic scores revisited the motivic and symphonic aesthetic of the 19th century, a move regarded as retrogressive by modernist critics.’
- ‘I think that is something we are getting back towards, and that's not in a retrogressive sense, just in the sense that people are saying Shakespeare can be relatively popular entertainment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.