One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Situated or occurring behind the eyeball.‘a retrobulbar abscess’
- ‘When the inflammation doesn't involve the optic disk, doctors refer to it as retrobulbar optic neuritis.’
- ‘The most serious potential adverse effect of EMB is ocular toxicity manifested by optic or retrobulbar neuritis, which exists in two forms and may affect one or both eyes.’
- ‘Patients can choose from several forms of anesthesia - general, retrobulbar, peribulbar, or topical.’
- ‘In these cases, if the globe is proptotic and tense, the physician should suspect a retrobulbar hematoma.’
- ‘The benefits of using topical anesthesia outweigh the risks associated with general, retrobulbar, and peribulbar anesthesia.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.