Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Situated or occurring behind the eyeball.‘a retrobulbar abscess’
- ‘When the inflammation doesn't involve the optic disk, doctors refer to it as retrobulbar optic neuritis.’
- ‘The most serious potential adverse effect of EMB is ocular toxicity manifested by optic or retrobulbar neuritis, which exists in two forms and may affect one or both eyes.’
- ‘Patients can choose from several forms of anesthesia - general, retrobulbar, peribulbar, or topical.’
- ‘In these cases, if the globe is proptotic and tense, the physician should suspect a retrobulbar hematoma.’
- ‘The benefits of using topical anesthesia outweigh the risks associated with general, retrobulbar, and peribulbar anesthesia.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.