One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tendency of later learning to hinder the memory of previously learned material.
- ‘Allan Baddeley demonstrated an interesting example of retroactive interference in everyday life events.’
- ‘It has been demonstrated that misleading statements from an interviewer can impair children's ability to remember event details in a process know as retroactive interference.’
- ‘Errors in a previously learned task caused by learning of new associations with similar stimuli, termed retroactive interference (RI), is thought to be a major cause of forgetting in humans and other animals.’
- ‘Retroactive interference occurs when previously learned information is lost because it is mixed up with new and somewhat similar information.’
- ‘Similarly, posthypnotic amnesia does not affect retroactive inhibition or savings in relearning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.