One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The tendency of later learning to hinder the memory of previously learned material.
- ‘It has been demonstrated that misleading statements from an interviewer can impair children's ability to remember event details in a process know as retroactive interference.’
- ‘Errors in a previously learned task caused by learning of new associations with similar stimuli, termed retroactive interference (RI), is thought to be a major cause of forgetting in humans and other animals.’
- ‘Allan Baddeley demonstrated an interesting example of retroactive interference in everyday life events.’
- ‘Similarly, posthypnotic amnesia does not affect retroactive inhibition or savings in relearning.’
- ‘Retroactive interference occurs when previously learned information is lost because it is mixed up with new and somewhat similar information.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.