One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Retro clothes, music, or style.‘a look which mixes Italian casual wear and American retro’
- ‘It's new, but cannily designed with a heavy dose of retro.’
- ‘A ‘Top Ten’ for 2004 is tough, so I've come up with a top ten of best viewing experiences, some being retros seen again or for the first time - no real order.’
- ‘The shoes that are retros now were once the newest thing.’
- ‘When it's done well, retro isn't biting; it's a novel and economical use of widely available ingredients.’
- short for retrorocket
- ‘The protective armor cowlings lifted up and the retros let loose with a thunderous blast that slowed the ship down a lot, but not enough.’
- ‘The retros acted as an emergency brake in such instances.’
- ‘One last flash from the retros, and they were motionless.’
- ‘Vix hit the retros, frantically pulled up so that the Eternal's nose was almost hitting the ceiling, and activated the belly thrusters at full power just before they hit the wall.’
- ‘Just before landing, the retros of the landing sled would fire, and the Blazer would touch down.’
- ‘Air brakes sprang from the hull and the plasma retros fired a controlled burst.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.