One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is arbitrary to impose a sentence that can neither be justified on preventive grounds nor justified on the basis of retributive proportionality.’
- ‘It is important to note, however, that Brown held that the definition of punishment should not be limited to retributive actions.’
- ‘Whether nature or nurture, a common point was the change in attitudes regarding the purpose of justice, shifting from retributive to reformative intent.’
- ‘The desires involved in these kinds of moral and personal feelings are of the same category as those involved in retributive punishment as we are now understanding it.’
- ‘You have distinguished between a restorative form of justice and a retributive form of justice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.