One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is arbitrary to impose a sentence that can neither be justified on preventive grounds nor justified on the basis of retributive proportionality.’
- ‘It is important to note, however, that Brown held that the definition of punishment should not be limited to retributive actions.’
- ‘You have distinguished between a restorative form of justice and a retributive form of justice.’
- ‘The desires involved in these kinds of moral and personal feelings are of the same category as those involved in retributive punishment as we are now understanding it.’
- ‘Whether nature or nurture, a common point was the change in attitudes regarding the purpose of justice, shifting from retributive to reformative intent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.