Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Disease of the retina which results in impairment or loss of vision.
- ‘And finally, oxygen therapy given to sustain the lives of premature infants can cause retinopathy of prematurity, causing permanent vision loss or blindness.’
- ‘Diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy may be related to too much sorbitol in the cells of the eyes and nerves.’
- ‘Management of the risk factors in diabetes retinopathy is more important to have a good life.’
- ‘An eye examination is called for once a year to ensure that diabetes has not resulted in retinopathy, which could lead to blindness.’
- ‘Persons with any form of diabetes may develop diabetic retinopathy.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.