Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Disease of the retina which results in impairment or loss of vision.
- ‘Persons with any form of diabetes may develop diabetic retinopathy.’
- ‘An eye examination is called for once a year to ensure that diabetes has not resulted in retinopathy, which could lead to blindness.’
- ‘And finally, oxygen therapy given to sustain the lives of premature infants can cause retinopathy of prematurity, causing permanent vision loss or blindness.’
- ‘Management of the risk factors in diabetes retinopathy is more important to have a good life.’
- ‘Diabetic retinopathy and neuropathy may be related to too much sorbitol in the cells of the eyes and nerves.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.