One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a group of compounds having effects in the body like those of vitamin A.
- ‘Because some patients with atopic dermatitis or severe xerosis are very sensitive to the retinoids, we may start them with a lower strength cream or a weaker topical agent.’
- ‘Although the preclinical data have been promising, human studies using vitamin A or retinoids as chemopreventive agents have been largely disappointing.’
- ‘Several studies have demonstrated low-dose retinoids in combination with calcium glucarate interact synergistically to inhibit mammary tumor growth in both animal models and human cell lines.’
- ‘Although the liver is the primary organ involved in storage and homeostasis of retinoids, adipose depots account for 15 to 20% of total body retinoid stores.’
- ‘Interest in retinoic acid as a chemopreventive agent stems from laboratory research that indicates retinoids are potent modulators of epithelial cell growth and differentiation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.