One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rare malignant tumour of the retina, affecting young children.
- ‘The major controversy, however, is the actual magnitude of the risk of second tumors among survivors of retinoblastoma.’
- ‘Village farmer brings grandson Paarsha to the town doctor only to learn that the child is a one-in-a-million victim of the rare retinoblastoma.’
- ‘The most urgent diagnosis is retinoblastoma, a malignancy most likely arising from retinal germ cells.’
- ‘In this example, susceptibility to retinoblastoma is inherited as a dominant trait; however, the expression of the tumor within the eye, which requires the presence of two abnormal genes, is technically recessive.’
- ‘In 1986, he scored a spectacular success when he isolated the gene associated with retinoblastoma, a fierce form of eye cancer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.