One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the retina of the eye.
- ‘Viral retinitis, a potentially sight threatening disease, is caused by herpes simplex virus, varicella zoster virus and cytomegalovirus 1.’
- ‘Compared with acute retinal necrosis, progressive outer retinal necrosis is a more severe viral retinitis observed in immunocompromised persons, often in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.’
- ‘Annual testing will allow identification of children who have acquired CMV infection and might benefit from screening for retinitis.’
- ‘Ganciclovir implants are effective in treating cytomegalovirus retinitis, a potentially blinding eye disease that affects people with AIDS.’
- ‘The oral drug is indicated for use in immunocompromised patients for maintenance treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.