One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the retina of the eye.
- ‘Compared with acute retinal necrosis, progressive outer retinal necrosis is a more severe viral retinitis observed in immunocompromised persons, often in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.’
- ‘Annual testing will allow identification of children who have acquired CMV infection and might benefit from screening for retinitis.’
- ‘Viral retinitis, a potentially sight threatening disease, is caused by herpes simplex virus, varicella zoster virus and cytomegalovirus 1.’
- ‘The oral drug is indicated for use in immunocompromised patients for maintenance treatment of cytomegalovirus retinitis.’
- ‘Ganciclovir implants are effective in treating cytomegalovirus retinitis, a potentially blinding eye disease that affects people with AIDS.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.