One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A very large Asian python patterned with dark patches outlined in black. It is the longest snake at up to 11 m.
- ‘In his new 13-part Animal Planet series, he first heads to Borneo to find the giant reticulated python.’
- ‘Fragrant Flower is the reticulated python found living in a tourism park in central Java which was last week touted as the longest and heaviest snake ever captured - 14.85m and 447 kg.’
- ‘On the way to the second level the stairs are lined with some excellent live displays; a huge green iguana, some very curious and playful red-cheeked turtles and, for snake lovers, an American corn snake and a reticulated python.’
- ‘The previous largest snake was also a reticulated python measuring a rather puny 9.75 metres or the length of a British double-decker bus.’
- ‘Officials are having talks on whether to add to the list of controlled animals the anaconda, the reticulated python and snapping turtles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.