One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- North American term for graticule
- ‘In fact, the extremely complex reticles that will be required to extend optical lithography below 100 nm will make the cost of ownership impractical for low-volume applications.’
- ‘With the default set up, your vehicle will align itself to manoeuvre to wherever you aim the targeting reticle with the mouse, while the keyboard controls forward and reverse propulsion.’
- ‘Several different reticles are available that are tailored to the type of long range shooting envisioned.’
- ‘The rifle sent forth an azure beam of energy that pierced the hologram cleanly where the reticle had been; the target disappeared and registered a hit.’
- ‘Even autocollimators with micrometer-driven reticles used with averaged multiple readings require a skilled operator to achieve accurate, repeatable results.’
Mid 18th century: from Latin reticulum ‘net’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.