One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bank that offers banking services to individuals and small businesses, as opposed to one dealing with large corporations and financial institutions.‘one of the strongest retail banks in Japan’
- ‘Many consider this to be the best retail bank in the country.’
- ‘Retail banks are sprouting up across the country and the ever-growing acceptance of Internet banking hasn't slowed the pace.’
- ‘Over 100 more retail bank branches throughout the country will close if Ireland's two leading banks were to merge.’
- ‘Two of France's biggest retail banks are merging to form France's biggest retail bank after Agricole.’
- ‘A further shake-up of its US interests could lead to the sale of a retail bank and buying at least a part of the ING Barings business there.’
- ‘His main concern is that retail banks have been providing investment banking services.’
- ‘A retail bank will find it hard to generate the synergies that come with an in-market transaction.’
- ‘When I worked for a retail bank, the loan officer was more important than me.’
- ‘One of the largest retail banks of Australia has set up shop in India.’
- ‘The scam has hit large retail banks in the US, Australia, New Zealand and mainland Europe in the past year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.