Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A fragment of a DNA molecule that has been cleaved by a restriction enzyme.
- ‘The restriction fragments are linked to the adaptors using a DNA ligase.’
- ‘Only one restriction fragment was observed using the gene-specific probe at high stringency.’
- ‘The restriction fragments are then separated using sophisticated and expensive electrophoresis equipment.’
- ‘We used haplotype analysis, DNA sequencing, and restriction fragment analysis of mutations to evaluate the individuals in these families.’
- ‘The locus of curvature within a restriction fragment can be determined by the circular permutation assay.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.