Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘Inside, you'll find nearly 100 listings of Montreal restos where you can eat for under $10.’
- ‘St-Henri is not the first place I'd look for a good Korean resto on a winter night.’
- ‘The bar/resto, however, claimed to be "open to the public" - what I didn't realize was that meant the public with tickets.’
- ‘The concept may make some cringe, but the practical results have struck a nerve, which is why you hear their stuff spilling out of chic restos and boutiques across town.’
- ‘But hey, start your evening at Felix, take the Star ferry crossing to the island and head for dinner at the many restos in Lan Kwai Fung.’
- ‘The flagship resto is Pure Spirits Oyster House and Grill.’
- ‘If ever there was a resto that needed to expand, it's this one.’
- ‘The resto embodies all that was once meant by dining room: stucco walls, napkins arranged in peaks and two layers of tablecloths.’
- ‘The next year, Seattle's Space Needle was crowned with a rotating resto, just in time for the World's Fair.’
- ‘The building has been reinvented as a 22-screen cinema, one that will also include shops and restos.’
- ‘It's definitely worth going by to check out this resto's breakfast, which they only serve on Saturday mornings.’
- ‘Do as you would do in a resto in Mexico - choose your timing and your order with care.’
- ‘For those in the know, there are many truly authentic dishes to sample at this unassuming little resto, listed on a separate page only in Japanese.’
- ‘Tasty and tasteful best describes food and atmosphere at this joint, arguably one of the best Mexican restos in town.’
- ‘He called it a Japanese cafeteria, which places the eatery in a different category from the other Japanese restos in town.’
- ‘Almost three years old, this Little Italy resto (named for the town in Tuscany, not the Suzanne Vega tune) offers hearty food at heart-stopping prices.’
- ‘As such, rarely do they move me to try a resto advertised therein.’
- ‘One could say that it was not as good as in a strictly Italian resto, but still it was very good.’
- ‘This time I tried Tutto Bene, a cafeteria-style sit-down resto right next to Open Da Night.’
- ‘The resto offers hot and cold appetizers ranging from $4.95 - $11.95.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.