Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A disorder characterized by an unpleasant tickling or twitching sensation in the leg muscles when sitting or lying down, relieved only by moving the legs.
- ‘If you have restless legs syndrome, using hot or cold packs on your legs or taking a hot or cold bath might help.’
- ‘Certain medicines may help people who have restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘Fact sheets are on topics such as restless legs syndrome, insomnia, and sleep apnoea.’
- ‘The medical risks associated with other sleep disorders, including more common conditions like insomnia and restless legs syndrome, are yet to be fully ascertained.’
- ‘Tricyclic antidepressants that you have taken are very good general pain medicines but tend to exacerbate restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movements in sleep.’
- ‘You could have a sleep disorder, such as obstructive sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘Nine patients with severe restless legs syndrome were pretreated with domperidone for three days to mitigate side effects of apomorphine, which was given as an intravenous infusion.’
- ‘Or maybe it's because we have insomnia or one of the other sleep disorders such as sleep apnea or restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘Patients with restless legs syndrome who give blood regularly are advised to see their physicians about possible adverse effects.’
- ‘A double blind crossover study of gabapentin to treat restless legs syndrome found that it improves both sensory and motor symptoms.’
- ‘Other underlying causes include arthritis, kidney disease, heart failure, asthma, sleep apnea, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, Parkinson's disease, and hyperthyroidism.’
- ‘Sleep disorders that may result in a complaint of insomnia include sleep apnea, periodic limb movement disorder, restless legs syndrome, narcolepsy, and circadian rhythm disorders.’
- ‘Insomnia, narcolepsy, idiopathic hypersomnia, restless legs syndrome, and numerous medications are also common causes of inadequate sleep in adolescents.’
- ‘A person with insomnia may also have another sleep disorder such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy, and restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘Over the course of the study, three of the eight blood donors stopped experiencing symptoms of restless legs syndrome and five experienced a marked improvement.’
- ‘Some patients can't sleep because they have restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘I have often prescribed that medication for restless legs syndrome.’
- ‘Some people with restless legs syndrome also have periodic limb movements during sleep.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.