One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I feel that the restiveness will not calm down with my continued presence,’ Corpus said.’
- ‘Whenever stressed employees worked up the courage to venture criticism of him, Browne would point towards the sign, which was usually enough to quell any restiveness.’
- ‘But I see the signs of decay and I sense a great restiveness in my country - portents of transcendent change.’
- ‘They close the circle on the films, leave the audience shaken but not moved; a brief psychic jarring which lapses back into restiveness.’
- ‘‘There has been some understandable restiveness, but I have resolved this matter directly with the troops,’ she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.