One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The electrical potential of a neuron or other excitable cell relative to its surroundings when not stimulated or involved in passage of an impulse.
- ‘Oocytes with resting potentials more positive than - 30 mV were discarded.’
- ‘In these conditions the neurons survived for more than a week and kept their resting potentials between - 50 and - 55 mV.’
- ‘The resting potential changes when the cell is stimulated.’
- ‘Both parameters were measured from somata that were isolated and kept in culture where they maintained their resting potential values similar to those of neurons in the ganglion.’
- ‘They have large stable resting potentials and can produce large overshooting action potentials.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.