Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Used in reference to the grave or death.‘he would share her final resting place in the cemetery’
- ‘The latest find was the final resting place of an infant, carefully laid in a stone-lined hollow, with more stones placed on top of the body.’
- ‘Archaeologists from York believe they may have found the final resting place of one of the most legendary beauties of the ancient world.’
- ‘Having placed a basket of roses at her brother's grave she took pictures to show the family his final resting place.’
- ‘Moves are underway to commemorate the memory of a forgotten Westport soldier whose final resting place is an unmarked grave.’
- ‘Following the service, Father Ray's body was lowered to his final resting place in a grave in the Church's cemetery.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.