One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A place in which a person or animal is able to rest for a short period, especially during a journey.‘migratory birds would shortly be using the area's mudflats as a resting place’
- 1.1 Used in reference to the grave or death.‘he would share her final resting place in the cemetery’
- ‘Following the service, Father Ray's body was lowered to his final resting place in a grave in the Church's cemetery.’
- ‘Archaeologists from York believe they may have found the final resting place of one of the most legendary beauties of the ancient world.’
- ‘Having placed a basket of roses at her brother's grave she took pictures to show the family his final resting place.’
- ‘Moves are underway to commemorate the memory of a forgotten Westport soldier whose final resting place is an unmarked grave.’
- ‘The latest find was the final resting place of an infant, carefully laid in a stone-lined hollow, with more stones placed on top of the body.’
- 1.1 Used in reference to the grave or death.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.