One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(typically with reference to a woman) a sullen or scowling expression attributed to or unconsciously adopted by a person when in repose.‘she has taken flack for what some have called her resting bitch face’
- ‘She steals absolutely every scene she's in and gives new meaning to the term "resting bitch face."’
- ‘I was told I have Resting Bitch Face.’
- ‘She's the epitome of resting bitch face.’
- ‘Having resting bitch face doesn't mean you're mean or irritable - it just means your facial muscles relax naturally into a scowl.’
- ‘Despite his cuddly fur, he's become famous for one other thing: his perpetual resting bitch face.’
- ‘Our waiter had resting bitch face and no personality - she was really good at hiding from customers.’
- ‘They must have caught him in a good mood, because the resting bitch face king was even smiling.’
- ‘Is it their job to have resting bitch face when you walk in and then get up in arms when you actually ask a question?’
- ‘Don't let my resting bitch face fool you!’
- ‘She loves to remind me that I have resting bitch face sometimes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.