One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a psalm or liturgical chant) recited in parts with a congregational response between each part.
- ‘The choir she had sung in so often sang Lean On Me after the responsorial psalm.’
- ‘Gregorian and Old Roman offertories are melismatic responsorial chants, the majority taken from the psalms.’
- ‘Frank sang the responsorial psalm, ‘Like the deer that yearns for running streams, so my soul is yearning for you my God’.’
- ‘I became very attentive to the music used at Mass and collected all the responsorial psalms, hymns, and songs.’
- ‘The words of the responsorial psalm (the response today was ‘In every age, O Lord, you have been our refuge’) fit very comfortably with the vocal ethos of blues.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.