One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sitting in the mall as my wife meanders through Macy aisles in search of a half-priced handbag, my eyes do not even delight in the resplendence that surrounds them.’
- ‘Her colors are not precisely after nature, except where they might be taken from flowers or tropical plumage, but the paintings give off a resplendence that could only be outdoors.’
- ‘Indeed, if you were lucky enough to catch him in Glasgow on Friday or Saturday, you'll have witnessed his resplendence for yourself.’
- ‘And with the sun shining throughout, the true resplendence of Westport was captured and conveyed to the nation.’
- ‘Rare items such as the incandescent wing of a particular variety of beetle, peacock-feather stems and carefully crafted silver beads are used to give the crown its resplendence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.