One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Temporary institutional care of a sick, elderly, or disabled person, providing relief for their usual carer.
- ‘Even when respite care is available, it is often unaffordable or is not compensated by insurance programs.’
- ‘And there may also have to be cuts in services such as home care and respite care.’
- ‘Care in hospital, care at home, respite care, and education all need to be coordinated, and community paediatric nurses often do this as key workers.’
- ‘An innovative project aimed at providing accommodation to older people with dementia and respite care for long term carers has been launched.’
- ‘The service provides information on advocacy and lobbying, training and information, and also respite care for carers in the home.’
- ‘Family issues often surface when discussing the specifics of respite care.’
- ‘They include meals on wheels, home help, day care, respite care for carers, and special assistance for those who are ill or who are about to leave hospital.’
- ‘The scheme allows local councils to give users a predefined budget to plan and purchase their own personalised care services, such as respite care.’
- ‘Well, it is weekend respite care including overnight care.’
- ‘There is space for 37 permanent residents and the centre offers day care and respite care for five people each day.’
- ‘The impact of different types of respite care could also be assessed.’
- ‘Patients come here for pain control and symptom control, for respite care and for terminal care.’
- ‘And yet we are told there is no money available for adequate home help care for the elderly or relieving respite care for the mentally disabled.’
- ‘Many nursing homes have respite care than can provide you with several days of relief.’
- ‘They take the pressure off carers through respite care and ensure the person with dementia spends that time doing something they enjoy.’
- ‘We have also been a haven for family carers, providing much-needed respite care for their loved one.’
- ‘The greater the sleep deprivation the higher the need for overnight respite care.’
- ‘They should step up help with respite care where the care is intensive.’
- ‘There were plans for those who needed respite care, and for a home care service.’
- ‘The most common respite care programs are home health services and adult day services.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.