Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The passage formed by the mouth, nose, throat, and lungs, through which air passes during breathing.[as modifier] ‘respiratory tract infections’
- ‘As powder is inhaled, it can sensitize an individual through the mucous membranes of the respiratory tract.’
- ‘Ozone is a toxic gas which in large quantities can cause irreversible damage to lung tissue and the respiratory tract.’
- ‘The common cold is a contagious viral infection of the upper respiratory tract affecting the nose and the throat.’
- ‘The herb's primary internal application is a supportive therapy for colds and chronic infections of the respiratory tract and lower urinary tract.’
- ‘These fumes are toxic and may have irritating effects on mucous membranes of the respiratory tract and eyes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.