One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A paramyxovirus which causes disease of the respiratory tract. It is a major cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia in young children, and may be a contributing factor in cot death.
- ‘In addition, illnesses with other etiologies such as parainfluenza, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, allergies, and bacterial pneumonia can have symptoms similar to those of influenza.’
- ‘These viruses, most common in fall, winter, and early spring, include influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, coronavirus, and rhinovirus.’
- ‘Ribavirin is an antiviral that is approved for treating young children with severe lower respiratory tract infections due to respiratory syncytial virus.’
- ‘Earlier stage research programs include vaccines for respiratory syncytial virus and herpes simplex virus.’
- ‘Symptoms of influenza-like illness can be caused by multiple respiratory viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, rhinovirus, and coronavirus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.