Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A paramyxovirus which causes disease of the respiratory tract. It is a major cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia in young children, and may be a contributing factor in cot death.
- ‘In addition, illnesses with other etiologies such as parainfluenza, respiratory syncytial virus, adenovirus, allergies, and bacterial pneumonia can have symptoms similar to those of influenza.’
- ‘These viruses, most common in fall, winter, and early spring, include influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, coronavirus, and rhinovirus.’
- ‘Ribavirin is an antiviral that is approved for treating young children with severe lower respiratory tract infections due to respiratory syncytial virus.’
- ‘Earlier stage research programs include vaccines for respiratory syncytial virus and herpes simplex virus.’
- ‘Symptoms of influenza-like illness can be caused by multiple respiratory viruses, including respiratory syncytial virus, parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, rhinovirus, and coronavirus.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.