One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or affecting respiration or the organs of respiration.‘respiratory disease’
- ‘Breathing problems are considered to be those that affect the respiratory system below the vocal cords.’
- ‘We transferred the patient to the intensive care unit for respiratory and inotropic support.’
- ‘A cough may also be caused by inflammation of the upper respiratory track due to a viral infection due to the common cold or flu.’
- ‘On arrival at the emergency department he had a high respiratory rate and haemoptysis.’
- ‘Cigarette smoke is a short term respiratory irritant that should be avoided altogether by people with asthma.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.