Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or affecting respiration or the organs of respiration.‘respiratory disease’
- ‘Cigarette smoke is a short term respiratory irritant that should be avoided altogether by people with asthma.’
- ‘A cough may also be caused by inflammation of the upper respiratory track due to a viral infection due to the common cold or flu.’
- ‘We transferred the patient to the intensive care unit for respiratory and inotropic support.’
- ‘On arrival at the emergency department he had a high respiratory rate and haemoptysis.’
- ‘Breathing problems are considered to be those that affect the respiratory system below the vocal cords.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.