One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With reference or regard to.‘he began to have serious worries respecting his car’
about, concerning, regarding, with regard to, relating to, apropos, apropos of, on the subject of, respecting, in respect of, with respect to, with reference to, as regards, in the matter of, in connection with, referring to, touching onView synonyms
- ‘The decision is relevant as regards most questions respecting the combination of accounts and is, therefore, discussed in full at this point.’
- ‘Section 390 requires employers to develop a policy and procedures respecting potential workplace violence.’
- ‘On July 12 th, the municipality will be working on a by-law respecting intrusion robbery and fire alarm systems and orderly and peaceful conduct bylaw.’
- ‘I am satisfied that there is no reason to ignore the real concerns of the mother respecting her and her son's safety, security and well being.’
- ‘Your memo expresses concern respecting the strategy and progress in the war on terrorism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.