Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Specify again or differently.
- ‘Behind the late twentieth century reviving and respecifying of the place of Afro-Antiguans and Barbudans in the cultural life of the society, is a history of race/ethnic relations that systematically excluded them.’
- ‘Instead, he respecified his project at a level of abstraction that escaped having to decide between the two.’
- ‘While Maria used her own discrediting to reproduce the legitimacy of the stigmatizing discourse, she respecified that discourse's features to accord with her status as someone who has failed to uphold its central tenet.’
- ‘Every five periods, the landscape is perturbed by respecifying a new random draw for the fitness contribution of eight of the ten policy choices.’
- ‘Over time lifestyles will develop and change, and so the standards will he respecified.’
- ‘In some cases contracts have had to be respecified, in other instances certain types of operation have been cancelled.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.