One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There cannot be any better example of resourcelessness than being landless in a farming context, with limited opportunities of diversification for improving the quality of life.’
- ‘The elderly fear the vulnerability and resourcelessness that comes with advanced age.’
- ‘Their resourcelessness not only made them the primary target of the police and the criminals, it also rendered them more vulnerable to oppressive customs and mores inside homes and outside.’
- ‘The author, in her essay ‘Women, Peace and Power’, speaks of violence as ‘resourcelessness’ seeing few options, feeling like one's self or small group is alone against a hostile or at best indifferent universe.’
- ‘Despite our resourcelessness we were, therefore, full of a new energy and excitement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.