One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Official permission to carry out an operation that has an environmental impact.‘the project failed to gain resource consent and was scrapped’count noun ‘if the building's owners want to demolish it, they have to apply for a resource consent’
- ‘Delays in building and resource consents can be shortened, advance knowledge of tenders can be provided.’
- ‘This applies to any person who has made a submission for resource consent.’
- ‘Every one of those options will require resource consent.’
- ‘Their visual impact on the skyline would probably make it impossible to get the necessary resource consents.’
- ‘For 43 days we have had resource consent hearings over their plans to renew consent for the dam.’
- ‘We have heard about the limited notification of resource consent applications.’
- ‘There will be a simplified list of matters to take into account when making decisions on resource consent applications.’
- ‘Of course, we have the Pike River coalfield, which has all its resource consents.’
- ‘He was a member of the resource consents committee deciding marine farm applications.’
- ‘He said the firm would apply for a resource consent from Wairoa District Council this month.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.