One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an equation, function, or expression that is introduced in order to reach or complete a solution.
- ‘We refer to this method as resolvent method and briefly review it in the Resolvent Method section.’
- ‘The most significant aspect of Waring's treatment of this example is the symmetric relation between the roots of the quartic equation and its resolvent cubic.’
- ‘If A is a closed, densely defined linear operator on H, then the resolvent set is an open. subset of the complex plane.’
A resolvent equation, function, or expression.
- ‘Note that the 20 x 20 entries of the resolvent can be calculated separately and independently of each other.’
- ‘Geometrically the resolvent enables us to resolve the whole spread represented by any given set of algebraic equations into definite irreducible spreads.’
- ‘We also discuss cases where the norm of the resolvent of a bounded linear operator cannot be constant on an open set.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.