One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting an equation, function, or expression that is introduced in order to reach or complete a solution.
- ‘We refer to this method as resolvent method and briefly review it in the Resolvent Method section.’
- ‘If A is a closed, densely defined linear operator on H, then the resolvent set is an open. subset of the complex plane.’
- ‘The most significant aspect of Waring's treatment of this example is the symmetric relation between the roots of the quartic equation and its resolvent cubic.’
A resolvent equation, function, or expression.
- ‘We also discuss cases where the norm of the resolvent of a bounded linear operator cannot be constant on an open set.’
- ‘Note that the 20 x 20 entries of the resolvent can be calculated separately and independently of each other.’
- ‘Geometrically the resolvent enables us to resolve the whole spread represented by any given set of algebraic equations into definite irreducible spreads.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.