One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Replace or repair the skin of (an aircraft or motor vehicle).
- ‘Mike and Dave began work soon after the aircraft arrived and have completely reskinned the fuselage and installed new longerons.’
- ‘Production had stopped come 1992 although the vehicle's engine, transmission, chassis, and other important details lived on in the Volvo 940, which was in essence a reskinned 740.’
- ‘There is no track record for Cadillac's XLR two-seater, which makes it easy to dismiss as a reskinned Corvette.’
- ‘During its previous restoration attempts with the CAF, portions of the airframe had been reskinned and the camera ports had disappeared in the process.’
- ‘External mass balances were installed on the elevator which was also reskinned with a thicker aluminum gauge.’
- ‘The team spent its time reskinning cars instead of massaging improvements into cars that already fit the templates.’
- ‘Because there is a new roof template and set body location for the cars in 2003, all of the teams will cut the bodies off their cars and reskin them.’
- ‘For a single-car team, the crew chief expects it will take three weeks to reskin a car.’
- ‘With the move to common templates, the teams reskinned entire fleets for 2003.’
- ‘The Monte Carlo has proved to be more competitive, but the team had to build, from the chassis up, 16 cars - not just reskin the cars, as the crew chief is quick to point out.’
- ‘Dennis took the plane apart and did a lot of work on the airframe including reskinning parts of the fuselage, ailerons, gear doors, etc.’
- ‘The team's biggest challenge will be reskinning them.’
- ‘Virtually all the fuselage is original but the wing had to be reskinned.’
- ‘The fuselage has also been completely rebuilt with new longerons and the airframe has been completely reskinned.’
- ‘The plane is in remarkable condition with just a small amount of corrosion and this is being rectified and the areas that have been opened up to get rid of the corrosion are now being reskinned.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.