Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A device having resistance to the passage of an electric current.
- ‘Usually this circuit consist of only resistors and capacitors.’
- ‘The component preforms may include resistors, capacitors, and inductors.’
- ‘Without such a surface finish, the electronic components like transistors, resistors, capacitors and chips could not be fixed and electrically connected to the circuit.’
- ‘In those days computers consisted mainly of transistors, resistors, diodes, capacitors and miles of wiring.’
- ‘Switching frequency can be set externally (using a resistor and capacitor) from 100 to 600kHz.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.