One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A measure of the resisting power of a specified material to the flow of an electric current.
- ‘Water was drawn only when the measured specific resistivity was 18.2 M ohm cm, indicating that the maximal grade of purity had been reached.’
- ‘In addition to their ease of processing, polymers possess favorable electrical and mechanical properties such as high resistivity, low dielectric constants, light weight, and flexibility.’
- ‘The lower sheet resistivity also reduces the current crowding, which would otherwise give rise to excessive non-uniform device self-heating under high DC operation.’
- ‘Electrical conductivity is the inverse quantity to electrical resistivity.’
- ‘Measuring electrical resistivity in soil and rock turns out to be quite useful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.