Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for weight training
- ‘Doing resistance training in this way causes the body to work in an almost cardiovascular way and gives you the potential to burn more calories.’
- ‘In resistance training, compound movements are primarily used in weightlifting.’
- ‘The product is especially effective at addressing the needs of those athletes involved in intense training especially resistance training.’
- ‘You need to stick to your nutritional plan and do resistance training with weights and cardiovascular exercise every week to reach your goal.’
- ‘Individuals respond in a wide variety of ways to progressive resistance training.’
- ‘Regular resistance training can have profound effects and positive changes in older individuals.’
- ‘In resistance training, this translates into increasing the weight to a point where the final two to three repetitions are really tough.’
- ‘As part of my resistance training workout, I work my inner and outer thigh muscles.’
- ‘So if you're looking to change how much muscle that you lose with ageing, then you really have to do an exercise like weightlifting exercise, or resistance training.’
- ‘Incorporate resistance training into your workouts for extra cortisol control.’
- ‘Making resistance training and impact exercise part of the plan is especially important now since bone density loss can be a serious problem later in life.’
- ‘Strengthening exercises, or resistance training, with weights can supplement your aerobic activity.’
- ‘And for the first time I noted her arms, slender and firm, the product of long hours of cardio and resistance training.’
- ‘Heavy resistance training doesn't reduce endurance training effects.’
- ‘Weight-bearing exercise and resistance training have been shown to increase femoral bone density.’
- ‘Because of those factors, you need to structure your resistance training so that it's brief, heavy and intense.’
- ‘To achieve optimal results, your exercise plan should include both cardio and resistance training.’
- ‘Avoid doing resistance training and cardio on the same day; make sure to schedule rest days, preferably weekends.’
- ‘So by being physically active and doing weight resistance training, you're going to reverse that scenario completely.’
- ‘Let's apply this concept to weight training - or resistance training, as it is often called.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.