Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for weight training
- ‘Incorporate resistance training into your workouts for extra cortisol control.’
- ‘So by being physically active and doing weight resistance training, you're going to reverse that scenario completely.’
- ‘Because of those factors, you need to structure your resistance training so that it's brief, heavy and intense.’
- ‘In resistance training, compound movements are primarily used in weightlifting.’
- ‘As part of my resistance training workout, I work my inner and outer thigh muscles.’
- ‘You need to stick to your nutritional plan and do resistance training with weights and cardiovascular exercise every week to reach your goal.’
- ‘To achieve optimal results, your exercise plan should include both cardio and resistance training.’
- ‘And for the first time I noted her arms, slender and firm, the product of long hours of cardio and resistance training.’
- ‘The product is especially effective at addressing the needs of those athletes involved in intense training especially resistance training.’
- ‘Avoid doing resistance training and cardio on the same day; make sure to schedule rest days, preferably weekends.’
- ‘In resistance training, this translates into increasing the weight to a point where the final two to three repetitions are really tough.’
- ‘Weight-bearing exercise and resistance training have been shown to increase femoral bone density.’
- ‘Individuals respond in a wide variety of ways to progressive resistance training.’
- ‘Let's apply this concept to weight training - or resistance training, as it is often called.’
- ‘Doing resistance training in this way causes the body to work in an almost cardiovascular way and gives you the potential to burn more calories.’
- ‘So if you're looking to change how much muscle that you lose with ageing, then you really have to do an exercise like weightlifting exercise, or resistance training.’
- ‘Strengthening exercises, or resistance training, with weights can supplement your aerobic activity.’
- ‘Heavy resistance training doesn't reduce endurance training effects.’
- ‘Regular resistance training can have profound effects and positive changes in older individuals.’
- ‘Making resistance training and impact exercise part of the plan is especially important now since bone density loss can be a serious problem later in life.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.