One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Yet the people - the nation's true wealth - are resiliently optimistic, determined to make the best of what they have.’
- ‘‘I'm going to find my little brother and say goodbye to him,’ she said resiliently, and then she stormed out.’
- ‘It demonstrates how relationships during the summer can be so fleeting and how at times even the most sensitive teen can emerge resiliently from disappointment.’
- ‘To maintain its relaxed uprightness, a balanced body then begins to make spontaneous movements and adjustments, ever so slightly, ever so resiliently.’
- ‘It is striking how resiliently such ideas persist in the face of inconsistent evidence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.