One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘‘I am facing decisions all my life,’ he said resignedly, while checking in luggage.’
- ‘‘I have far too much to do and give myself silly deadlines,’ he says resignedly.’
- ‘‘I really don't listen to anything to be honest with you,’ he resignedly admits from his Dallas home.’
- ‘His father shrugged and said resignedly, ‘I'm calling the police.’’
- ‘Having put my hats away for another year, I resignedly shake the mothballs from my woollens and resolutely turn to face the dark months ahead.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.