One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as noun resignalling
Equip (a railway line) with new signal equipment.‘resignalling on the London–Tilbury and Southend line is complete’
- ‘When I lived in London there was a plan to resignal the Central Line.’
- ‘Network Rail says that resignalling the route with colour light signals will mean better punctuality and greater capacity for long-term growth in passenger and freight traffic.’
- ‘All that will be left to do then will be the trackwork at stations which will be completed as part of the resignalling of the line.’
- ‘We'll be resignalling the route next, and now we want to tackle our fleet.’
- ‘More usual work includes track renewal and preliminary work on signal sites and cables ready for resignalling next year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.