One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
verb[WITH OBJECT]often as noun resignalling
Equip (a railway line) with new signal equipment.‘resignalling on the London–Tilbury and Southend line is complete’
- ‘All that will be left to do then will be the trackwork at stations which will be completed as part of the resignalling of the line.’
- ‘More usual work includes track renewal and preliminary work on signal sites and cables ready for resignalling next year.’
- ‘Network Rail says that resignalling the route with colour light signals will mean better punctuality and greater capacity for long-term growth in passenger and freight traffic.’
- ‘We'll be resignalling the route next, and now we want to tackle our fleet.’
- ‘When I lived in London there was a plan to resignal the Central Line.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.