Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A delegate elected to represent Puerto Rico in the US House of Representatives. They are able to speak in the House and serve on committees, but may not vote.
- ‘An elected resident commissioner represents the island in the U.S. Congress but has no vote.’
- ‘At National level, a resident commissioner was charged with the overall coordination of provinces and districts while the minister of Local Government was responsible for local government administration.’
- ‘Puerto Rico's lone representative to that body, a resident commissioner in the House, has voice but no vote except in committees.’
- ‘The island is represented in the U.S House of Representatives by a resident commissioner, which for many years was a nonvoting position.’
- ‘Aside from the nonvoting resident commissioner, Puerto Ricans lack representation in Congress.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.