One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The settlement of people in a different place.‘Australia's post-war resettlement of European refugees’count noun ‘disputes over resettlements remain a controversial issue’
- ‘Prior to white resettlement in the early 1800s, the Delta had been largely occupied by a number of Native American communities, including the Choctaw.’
- ‘The citizens are pretty shocked by the degree to which this resettlement has not been planned by the government.’
- ‘This will be the largest-ever resettlement involving unaccompanied refugee children.’
- ‘They distributed 350 sheep to farmers living in high-altitude resettlements who lost their livestock during the conflict.’
- ‘A process of settlement and resettlement along the Niger continued into the 19th century.’
- ‘She bore eight children from 1633 to 1652 in the course of various resettlements, which ended in Andover, Massachusetts, where she lived the last 27 years of her life.’
- ‘A total of 97 farms were found unsuitable for resettlement.’
- ‘They died before they had an opportunity to be interviewed and considered for resettlement.’
- ‘Whenever possible, governments should avoid disruptive resettlements.’
- ‘They demanded resettlement in other countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.