One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A member of the military reserve forces.
- ‘The majority of reservists and guardsmen hold down civilian jobs and many support families.’
- ‘The reservist should share information about military assignments or specialties with an employer.’
- ‘National Guard members and reservists are now covered by the program while on active duty.’
- ‘When a sponsored reservist is on active duty, the military commander assumes responsibility for work products and services.’
- ‘She has spent 17 of her 26 years in the military, as a reservist with the 91st Division.’
- ‘A critical look at how the other services support their reservists may be helpful.’
- ‘The act allowed individual reservists and Guardsmen to volunteer for active duty.’
- ‘The idea was that the active army was basically a training organization for the wartime army of reservists.’
- ‘So far 1,500 Territorial Army British reservists have been called up for a possible conflict.’
- ‘Military reservists and guardsmen found themselves out of their depth.’
- ‘He was 34 and like most of his company a reservist, called up for emergency military service a week ago on Friday.’
- ‘Such animosity stems from a particularly low level of morale among the Guardsmen and reservists.’
- ‘Many reservists and guardsmen currently serving abroad are facing the same problem.’
- ‘Volunteering for military deployments is another area in which Air Force reservists excel.’
- ‘Forty of the failures were reservists with the Territorial Army.’
- ‘Many are coping without key employees, as military reservists are called to active duty.’
- ‘For some of the reservists, the deployment meant delaying major events in their lives.’
- ‘The deployment also gave the reservists a rare insight to working with active duty Marines.’
- ‘I very often see soldiers and reservists where I live and I have a family member serving in the Australian Army.’
- ‘The typical reservist might be deployed for another 12 months over the next couple years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.