(in sport) a second division:‘he went to coach Parramatta rugby union reserve grade’[as modifier] ‘a reserve-grade team’
- ‘In reserve grade the same opponents met with the same outcome.’
- ‘He has coached in Australia before, but only at reserve grade level at Illawara.’
- ‘During one match, a reserve-grade game against Carlisle, Kingsley were winning easily and the Carlisle players were getting frustrated.’
- ‘The Devils had well below the necessary numbers to field a first and a reserve grade side so Byron players backed up and played two games.’
- ‘He has been playing mostly reserve grade rugby at Canterbury, but he has been kept out of the first team by some of the top players in the game.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.