One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in sport) a second division.‘he went to coach Parramatta rugby union reserve grade’as modifier ‘a reserve-grade team’
- ‘The Devils had well below the necessary numbers to field a first and a reserve grade side so Byron players backed up and played two games.’
- ‘In reserve grade the same opponents met with the same outcome.’
- ‘During one match, a reserve-grade game against Carlisle, Kingsley were winning easily and the Carlisle players were getting frustrated.’
- ‘He has coached in Australia before, but only at reserve grade level at Illawara.’
- ‘He has been playing mostly reserve grade rugby at Canterbury, but he has been kept out of the first team by some of the top players in the game.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.