Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(in sport) a second division.‘he went to coach Parramatta rugby union reserve grade’[as modifier] ‘a reserve-grade team’
- ‘He has coached in Australia before, but only at reserve grade level at Illawara.’
- ‘In reserve grade the same opponents met with the same outcome.’
- ‘During one match, a reserve-grade game against Carlisle, Kingsley were winning easily and the Carlisle players were getting frustrated.’
- ‘He has been playing mostly reserve grade rugby at Canterbury, but he has been kept out of the first team by some of the top players in the game.’
- ‘The Devils had well below the necessary numbers to field a first and a reserve grade side so Byron players backed up and played two games.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.