Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Sow (an area of land) with seed, especially grass seed, again.‘fall is a prime time to reseed bare patches in the lawn’
plant, seedView synonyms
- ‘And fescue turf can always be reseeded this fall.’
- ‘If possible, relocate fencing so the previously infested area can be reseeded and mowed regularly.’
- ‘Now that the ploughing match is over and the weather holding up many farmers in the parish are ploughing and reseeding areas from two to ten acres.’
- ‘You'll have to spray all the grass in the area, then reseed with good quality grass seed.’
- ‘Companies are also required to reseed disturbed areas, keep fencing up and livestock away from on-site toxic chemicals, close gates, and fully reclaim the land and water after a well is no longer producing.’
- ‘When it comes to annual vines, there is one sure favorite that I reseed every year.’
- ‘A considerable amount of hay and pasture land is being reseeded, he noted, suggesting flooding last summer and winter kill appear to have set the crop back.’
- ‘It survives all but the harshest winters, and even then reseeds itself very effectively.’
- ‘Another option is to cut sod from a less visible area of your lawn to patch a priority area and reseed the area where the patch was taken.’
- ‘Mixes that contain only wildflowers usually need reseeding the first few years until the plants produce enough seed to become self-sustaining.’
- ‘For example, some seed mixtures work well in shady areas, while other mixtures are made for reseeding sunny areas.’
- ‘The best time to establish a new lawn from seed is in the fall, but many homeowners will need to reseed patches of lawn that have been damaged during the winter.’
- ‘If you have cool season turf, you can reseed it now.’
- ‘The grass seed mix should contain very little tetraploid varieties if heavy land is being reseeded.’
- ‘You want to consider fertilizing and reseeding your lawn twice before the winter.’
- ‘Now is the best time to fertilize and reseed your lawn.’
- ‘Then, reseed the entire lawn if necessary, or simply patch certain areas as required.’
- ‘There's alfalfa that needs to be killed and removed, and the ground has to be reseeded with grass.’
- ‘Fall is a prime time to reseed bare patches in the lawn.’
- ‘Shade under a tree is difficult to solve without the drastic step of cutting it back or completely removing, but it is worth reseeding the area with a grass variety that will tolerate those conditions.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.