One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in industry) work directed towards the innovation, introduction, and improvement of products and processes.
- ‘Scottish companies, however, invest around half the UK average in research and development.’
- ‘Its short-term future lies in research and development not large-scale energy generation.’
- ‘He said the company would continue to invest in research and development and build its product range.’
- ‘The company spent a lot of money on research and development and new products were coming on stream, but not fast enough.’
- ‘Sophia had experience in research and development for a major cosmetics manufacturer.’
- ‘In other words, it does not encourage investment in technology research and development.’
- ‘It also carries out research and development into new shoecare and household cleaning products.’
- ‘A third of them are working on research and development and another third exclusively on new products.’
- ‘One consequence has been an inability to make a commitment and investment in the critical area of research and development.’
- ‘There are still huge opportunities, notably in traded services such as finance and in research and development.’
- ‘The remainder will go toward research and development and working capital.’
- ‘The manufacturers were so busy making product that little was done in the way of research and development.’
- ‘They do not export, they do not invest in research and development.’
- ‘Possible measures include giving oil and gas exploration the same status as industrial research and development.’
- ‘Gone are the days when innovation used to be the exclusive domain of research and development.’
- ‘Improvements appear to have been made in supply-chain management and in research and development.’
- ‘There was extra cash for small firms and research and development, especially in manufacturing.’
- ‘Sector followers say investors should also find out if a company has enough funding to carry out research and development.’
- ‘It can also be justified if it involves research and development and a completely new product.’
- ‘As the business grew and more staff were taken on he was able to spend more time on research and development.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.