One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Revise the score of (a piece of music).
- ‘The constitution of the orchestras varied: each court composer could, within his budget, choose his own instrumentation; he would then be responsible for rescoring as appropriate any music he obtained from elsewhere.’
- ‘Berlioz got him to rescore a number of his earlier pieces to remarkable effect, and the influence lasted.’
- ‘Finally, all films were rescored once to check for scoring errors.’
- ‘Stravinsky, who had rescored part of the ballet, staunchly defended Diaghilev's enterprise, though it nearly bankrupted the company, the lavish sets and costumes being used to repay creditors.’
- ‘Both Siegfried and Walkure (in the City of Birmingham Touring Opera rescoring by Jonathan Dove) are performed without intervals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.