One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Revise the score of (a piece of music).
- ‘Berlioz got him to rescore a number of his earlier pieces to remarkable effect, and the influence lasted.’
- ‘Both Siegfried and Walkure (in the City of Birmingham Touring Opera rescoring by Jonathan Dove) are performed without intervals.’
- ‘Finally, all films were rescored once to check for scoring errors.’
- ‘Stravinsky, who had rescored part of the ballet, staunchly defended Diaghilev's enterprise, though it nearly bankrupted the company, the lavish sets and costumes being used to repay creditors.’
- ‘The constitution of the orchestras varied: each court composer could, within his budget, choose his own instrumentation; he would then be responsible for rescoring as appropriate any music he obtained from elsewhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.