One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A radio programme consisting of music requested by the listeners.
- ‘She said that, "Lifeline / Childline is an association not for gain and receives no subsidies and is therefore compelled to embark on various donor request programmes".’
- ‘There are also music request programmes, and when games with prizes are broadcast, the entire mobile phone network occasionally goes down under the overload.’
- ‘This is a police station, not a request programme.’
- ‘Aeons ago, in the primeval swamps of steam radio, request programmes were the only point of contact between broadcasters and their audience.’
- ‘We hope local people will tell their friends or relatives who are living abroad about the website and the special request programme and we look forward to bringing lots of people together on Christmas Day.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.