One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of having a good reputation.‘check the sponsorship of a website to establish its reputability’
- ‘Several resources are listed below that allow you to check for consumer complaints, potential fraud and overall reputability.’
- ‘That the seller of your recent disc checked the condition without prompting speaks well toward their reputability.’
- ‘They're the folks we've been buying from for years because of their very low prices, fast shipping, reputability and quality of customer service.’
- ‘The danger is that we should confuse the reputability of beliefs, and the reputability of those who professed them, with depth or shallowness.’
- ‘It would be difficult to find a respected scientific society or scientist of any reputability to support the cause.’
- ‘There's a high degree of overlap between ranking factors and what makes a page highly shareable (reputability of the source, linkability, quality of the content).’
- ‘Half the schemes are devised by our big four accountancy firms - the epitome of reputability.’
- ‘The reputability of the health insurance provider is pretty far down the list of considerations when deciding what company to work for.’
- ‘The appropriate ethics committee will need to consider the usual ethical issues with respect to purposes, reputability of researchers and other matters outlined in this document.’
- ‘Membership indicates reliability and reputability.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.