One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contract in which the vendor of a security agrees to repurchase it from the buyer at an agreed price.
- ‘The main refinancing operations are regular liquidity providing reserve transactions or repurchase agreements which have a weekly frequency and a maturity of two weeks.’
- ‘Corporate treasurers often pickup a few extra basis points of interest in return for lending cash for so-called repurchase agreements (repos, for short).’
- ‘Of the quarter's $118 billion increase in security broker/dealer assets, $71 billion were financed by an expansion of repurchase agreements.’
- ‘Outstanding primary dealer repurchase agreements now approach an unfathomable $2 trillion, having surpassed $1 trillion for the first time during 1997.’
- ‘Wall Street, that finances their massive balance sheets with repurchase agreements and other short-term vehicles, assumes they will always have access to borrowings to maintain their bloated balance sheets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.