One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A contract in which the vendor of a security agrees to repurchase it from the buyer at an agreed price.
- ‘The main refinancing operations are regular liquidity providing reserve transactions or repurchase agreements which have a weekly frequency and a maturity of two weeks.’
- ‘Of the quarter's $118 billion increase in security broker/dealer assets, $71 billion were financed by an expansion of repurchase agreements.’
- ‘Corporate treasurers often pickup a few extra basis points of interest in return for lending cash for so-called repurchase agreements (repos, for short).’
- ‘Wall Street, that finances their massive balance sheets with repurchase agreements and other short-term vehicles, assumes they will always have access to borrowings to maintain their bloated balance sheets.’
- ‘Outstanding primary dealer repurchase agreements now approach an unfathomable $2 trillion, having surpassed $1 trillion for the first time during 1997.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.