One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lowell seemed alarmingly and repugnantly, overweeningly, to believe that he was a great poet; so he thought he could pretty well do what he liked.’
- ‘Like the 30-year-old original, it's truly horrific - a portrait that's relentlessly dark, repugnantly graphic, and hopelessly evil.’
- ‘A community sullies itself by keeping alive certain people who have acted in such a repugnantly depraved and murderous fashion as to degrade the human species through their membership in it.’
- ‘If you find this sort of thing revolting and repugnantly narcissistic, you are small-minded and stupid.’
- ‘But he is wrong, repugnantly wrong, about how to strengthen that community, and wrong also to suggest that those who disagree with him about the means of doing so are betraying the country.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.